Friday, March 4, 2011

St.Patricks Day Ideas

I was thinking about a seasonal project--something for St. Patty's day...but I've hit a wall. The only thing I can think of that is not too extravagent is a scarf. I don't want to make a scarf because spring is knocking on Pennsylvania's door. I could make a baby afghan out of green granny squares. I think I could get away with 6 5" accross with 8 5" down. I guess i'll really have to think about it. I can probably make about 5-10 grannies a day. Maybe I should just scrap this idea and make something more spring like. There are just way too many project ideas out there...not to mention I really want to learn the broomstick lace to make pillow cases for my grandmother for Christmas. I have this feeling that it's going to take me months to perfect the stitch before I am satisfied enough to gift it to my grandmother.


This square is made with Red Heart Yarn; the center is paddy green, the inner border is lime and the outer border is hunter green. Measures 4" x 4.5".

No comments:

Post a Comment