Monday, March 21, 2011

Mother's Day Blanket

I've been making a blanket using a simple shell stitch for my mother for mother's day. It's going to be a throw, 50" wide...still debating over 50" or 60" long. The colors were not my first choice...but they were picked to match her new design of their den. I might make a matching lapghan for the back of a recliner...maybe.
Red Heart: Coffee
Red Heart: Sh Browns
Red Heart: Buff

My Shell Pattern:

Materials List

Size I (5.50mm) hook or whatever hook size gives you gauge
Around 32 oz of textured worsted--texture helps boost the appearance of this pattern

Finished Size

50" by 50" Add extra length for larger people :)

Gauge

7 shells = 4 inches/10cm

The Pattern

Ch 151.
Row 1:  sc in second ch from hook and in each ch across.  ch1, turn.
Row 2:   sc in first sc, *skip next sc, 1sc and 1dc in next sc* repeat from * across until the last sc. sc in last sc. ch 1, turn.
Row 3:   sc in the first sc *skip next dc, 1 sc and 1 dc in next sc* repeat from* across until the last sc. sc in last sc. ch1, turn.
Repeat row 3 until throw is 49" inches/122.5cm long or at your desired length
Last Row: sc in each sc and dc across -- do not fasten off --weave in ends.
Border:
Rnd1: sc evenly around throw -- 3 sc in each corner

1 comment:

  1. I have found you! I need to know what the first three rounds of the Delicate Pineapple doily says and then I can probably help you. From what I read, it sounds like you are to make 3 tr in each, skipping one. So if you have 5tr in round 3, then in round 4 you would 3tr in first TR, skip one, 3 tr in next TR, skip one, and then 3 tr in last TR. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete