Thursday, March 3, 2011

My First Baby Afghan!!

So recently, my grandmother has taught me to crochet. I've decided to document my learning journey...
Month 1- February, I learned the basics: foundation chain, SC, DC and SS.  With that knowledge I crafted my mother a valentines day themed scarf.
Month 2- March- I've begun a baby afghan doing a DC thru the back loops. I am currently using Bernat Baby Varigaided (on sale $8.99 per pound at A C Moore) with a G.  Today my blankie is 10" and I am hoping to finish it by next week. Once I am done the body of the afghan I am going to do a very basic SC white border. I thought about attempting a fancy border, but it occured to me that babies wants to pull and eat everything...yarn probably included. With safety in mind, basic, this border will be. :) 100_0774
I really like this particular stitch. It looks great in solids ( my grandmother did a beautiful baby yellow) and in varigaided. I think the layers and texture give it spunk that a regular DC can not possibly give.

No comments:

Post a Comment